Please submit all videos by Friday, May 22
Follow these links to get to the sheet music and recording tracks for each piece. But wait! Read the info below first!
Individual Piece Links
Important Info from Cristen
Hello Chancel Choir & Orchestra!!! What a crazy time it’s been! I’m sure you’ve seen the various “Virtual Choir” videos, and other recordings making their rounds on social media. Well, here’s our opportunity to respond with our own video! We are going to make two different video recordings. These recordings are going to be in celebration for Pastor Ralph’s retirement. While it’s a real bummer that we won’t be able to offer these in person it’s pretty cool that he’ll be able to watch these whenever he wants, and we’ll have some great footage to use for our website, etc. to pump up our awesome music ministry!
We will be recording God of Heaven by Heather Sorenson, and How Beautiful arr. by Lloyd Larson. Ralph loves Heather Sorenson’s music, and God of Heaven is his favorite anthem. How Beautiful is his wife’s favorite song. Ralph’s sister, Kathy, is going to do a solo section on this one!
SHHHHHH!!!!! This is a surprise. Please don’t spoil it! Ralph doesn’t know that we are creating these, and he doesn’t know that his sister is involved. The transition team is already in on it, so no need to spread the word!
Thanks in advance for taking the time to record and create something beautiful from the comfort of your own home! I’m hoping to offer some ZOOM calls for the choir to go over voice parts, but also know that the recording tracks/videos are part dominant, so that will help you in your process. please check your email for more info on that. See the info below before asking questions – your questions are probably answered here.
1) Wear a solid color shirt- please no logos or busy patterns!
2) Make sure you are well lit and there are no extra noises in the room you are recording in (children, fans, etc)
3) Record video in LANDSCAPE- not portrait!
4) CHOIR – The Videos are Part-Dominant – Listen to Your Voice Part Video, and you will hear your notes played above the other parts in the recording. You’ll be able to view the music as the video plays.
4) ORCHESTRA – You will all use the audio click track found on each page. All pdfs will be available under the audio track.
5) Try to be as accurate as possible, but don’t fret if there are a couple mistakes, if you have to stagger breath, or hold a note too long or too short- all that can be fixed in post-production.
How to record:
1) You will need 2 devices to make your video- one to listen to the track through headphones while you sing and one to video record yourself with. You HAVE to use HEADPHONES to listen to the track- all we want in the video you record is your voice, no accompaniment. Important* – You should be listening to the part dominant video or the orchestra click track through your headphones (or earbuds! those are fine too) while you record so everything lines up! If you don’t we won’t be able to use the recording as it won’t line up with everyone else’s.
Helpful Hint* – Use your computer with headphones to view/listen to the video/track, and use your cell phone to record your video.
2) With your video camera oriented in LANDSCAPE, begin recording your video. Then, press start on the device you are listening to your track with then the introduction will start. Make sure you are standing in place when the introduction begins.
3) Wait a couple seconds after the track is finished playing before moving to stop the track so that you are standing in place throughout your video.
How to submit your videos:
Email Your Files to firstname.lastname@example.org or share a Google Drive or Dropbox Folder with me.